[TechAssist] Magnavox TP3272 -32R5 chassis width changes

  • From: "Tony S" <tcselectronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 08:49:53 -0500

Hello Techs,

I have a 32" Magnavox 32R5 chassis that the width will slightly bend every
now and then. It seems to happen when set is warm but heat and freeze spray
does not effect the pix. When I get there the set is doing it but after
removing the cover it stops and I cannot get it to happen again, I have
tried tapping board but set is solid. I replaced the B+ filter cap 100uf
200v cap and B+ is pretty steady at 132v  -or+ .5v. I extended the width as
far as I could and replaced all the primary side caps in the pws. but set
always seems to act up an hour after I leave. anyone have this problem or a
history on similar problem.

thanks guys
Tony Saracco
TCS ELECTRONICS