[TechAssist] Magnavox, RK8510, HV feedback feedback question

  • From: daryls_tv@xxxxxxx
  • To: TechAssist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 11:53:57 -0600

Hi,
I didn't start the New Year out right.=20=20
I sold this set just a couple of weeks before Christmas at a reduced price =
because I was stuck with the repair charges.  It has come back to me and ha=
s taken a BIG bite out of my rear... to the point of giving back the money.
This set is RK8510 and uses an APW015 board.  I used an APW019 board out of=
 a RK8530 as a comparison to trace out the problem.  I found a bad high vol=
tage feedback assembly to be leaky and I didn't find any other defective pa=
rts.  The part number on it is 230314-3 built by Sanyo.  I found a 230314-4=
 and I was informed it should be the same.  I need to know for certain if t=
hey are interchangeable.=20=20
I used the APW019 to fire up my set and it worked but the focus voltage was=
 too low as the set it came out of used different CRTs that required a lowe=
r focus voltage.  After replacing the feedback assembly on the original boa=
rd, I was in for a real disappointment.  The high voltage was extremely hig=
h and broke my blue CRT as it arced through the glass.  I don't know how mu=
ch voltage hit the CRTs as my HV probe only goes to 40KV.  I measured the v=
oltage out of the flyback before the tripler and it pegged my probe.  On th=
e other working board it measured a little under 12KV.
So now for a wrap up of what I need to find out... Does a 230314-4 sub for =
a 230314-3 and if so... what may be the cause of the excessive high voltage=
.  I have checked the timing caps and none were found to be bad.  Also does=
 anyone have a good used tube they would sell?  The number is 180BDB22(B).
Sorry for the long post but I figured the whole story of events were in ord=
er.
Thank for your input.
Daryl
Daryl's TV