[TechAssist] Magnavox PR3952 B101, PTV520-AH01, very slow to come on

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:51:13 -0700

This Magnavox projection TV takes several minutes to come on.  When the
power button is pressed the green LED comes on, but the HV and sound
take several minutes to come on.  I checked for bad connections and
ESRed all the caps in the P/S and deflection boards, but everything
looks good.  This set also has 2 of the 3 guns that need to have the
coolant changed due to mold on the inside.  I would like to repair the
slow turn on before I tackle changing the coolant.  Could the mold in
the guns cause the slow turn on?  TIA.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada