[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox Ch.25B800 Shuts Down

  • From: GOMDWIL@xxxxxxx
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 01:09:34 EST

Thanks guys. MikeE,Jeff,Jim,Tom,and all for your help. Forgive me for replying
in this manner. I am on AOL( some call it AOHell) and it is very difercult for
me to write to the list with HTML. And if thats not enought I installed Norton
SysterWorks on my PC last week and it has been jumping off the internet every 2
or 3 minutes, as slow as I type thats not good.What did I do wrong? Help! I
will get back on that 25B800 tomorrow and let youall know what happen . Jeff I
do have a first name. The G on GOW is for Grady. You may call me whatever you
like. Thanks Again ,  GOW TV Service In a message dated Mon, 5 Nov 2001
8:16:07 PM Eastern Standard Time, Ralph Dorsey <Merlin-Wizard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

> come on boys,,what about defeating the horz shutdown circuit and see if
> it keeps running,,,if you have a changed value hold down cap, you can
> have all correct voltages but to high of high voltage, have we even
> checked the high voltage with a probe yet?
>
> MikE wrote:
>
> > gow tv service -
> > monitor the b+ applied to the horiz output
> > collector (remember there is a purty good
> > sized spike here also) see if it stays
> > stable or if it quits when things stop -
> > either the regulated supply feeding the
> > horiz is quitting and killing it or if it is
> > ok when pix an audio are gone maybe the
> > ho-xfmr itself is the culprit .... also
> > double check the solder jobs in the power
> > supply areas and on the ho-xfmr pins ... one
> > other possibility is xray protect shutdown -
> > ya should be able ta
> > figure how to stop that tho, you wouldn't
> > think it would be the problem tho cause ya
> > lowered the ac line an it still quit ....
> > some sets w/a weak crt will also do this
> > .... luck bee yers         MikE
> >
> > ---
> > Checked by AVG anti-virus system
> > (http://www.grisoft.com).