[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox Ch.25B800 Shuts Down

  • From: "Jim Myers" <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 14:14:44 -0500

Check flyback transformer pin 2 for 130v B+, this should be stable 130v
regulated, if not you need to troubleshoot the power supply circuit. If the
130v is stable monitor Q540 collector, this point should go low at turn on
and stay low. Q540 and Q541 are the protection shutdown circuit. If
everything looks ok like you have said but still shuts down you may have a
bad "s" cap C505 and/or C506, HOT collector to ground. However if this were
the case I doubt it would stay on long enough to get a picture. Could be you
are just loosing horz drive to the base of the HOT. Have you resoldered the
drive transformer T504/505?
Jim Myers
jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx