[TechAssist] Magnavox CTV MOdel TS3553\chasis # 35TW5\ Vertical problems.

  • From: armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 17:22:23 -0700

This set came in with no vertical at all. I checked the vcc at the
la7838 and it was there so I went ahead and replaced it and also C558 in
that ckt. Now I have a full screen but there are some lines at the top
6\8 inches with some vertical jitter.Looks like another bad cap but I
checked all caps in the vert.ckt and all are ok.I have a note in my data
base that say's to replace R553 which is a 2 ohm res. but I can't locate
it .Maybe it does not pertain to this model.The symtom looks like the
ones that the sanyo's and the panasonics had.Full deff.but lines at to
top of screen,like retrace.I would apreciate any and all the help.No sm
here on this set.Thanks
Mando
Birdie's TV & Electronics
Casa  Grande, AZ