[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox 6P5440 PTV745-AH01 need to access service menu

  • From: "Valley TV" <valleytv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 14:51:10 -0500

With remote hit 06-25-97 MENU
1.      Enter the "Convergence Service Mode" as described above in the
"Convergence Service Mode Procedure" .
2.      Select the desired color requiring adjustment.

Note:  Do not select Green Geometry (1).  This procedure is described under
"Major Convergence/Geometry Alignment" .  If Green Geometry is altered during
this procedure a "Major Convergence/Geometry Alignment" could be required.

3.      Cover the Output Lens of the single color presently NOT being adjusted.
 Example: If you select Green to Red Convergence (4) cover the Blue Output Lens.
4.      The highlighted adjustment Icon (Cross) should be illuminated on the
middle left side of the screen.  Make the necessary Convergence Adjustments
using the following Remote Keys:

l Use the Arrow Up Key (é) to adjust the selected color up.
l Use the Arrow Down Key (ê) to adjust the selected color down.
l Use the Arrow Right Key (è) to adjust the selected color to the right.
l Use the Arrow Left Key (ç) to adjust the selected color to the left.

5.      Move to the next sequence location to be converged by selecting the
Menu Key (M).  It is not required that the full Convergence Sequence be
followed while performing the "Convergence Touch Up Alignment Procedure".  The
following alternate Remote Keys allow for positioning of the Icon to the
desired adjustment location:

l Key 2 on the Remote Transmitter will position the Adjustment Icon upward on
the screen.
l Key 8 on the Remote Transmitter will position the Adjustment Icon downward on
the screen.

l Key 4 on the Remote Transmitter will move the Adjustment Icon to the Left.
l Key 6 on the Remote Transmitter will move the Adjustment Icon to the Right.

6.      Return to the "Convergence Service Menu" by selecting Key number 3 on
the Remote Transmitter or by sequencing the Icon to the last adjustment point
at the lower right corner of the screen and pushing the Menu (M) Key of the
Remote Transmitter.

7.      Repeat steps 1 through 6 for other required Convergence Alignments.

8.      To Save the Adjustment completed in the last procedure, Exit/Save the
Convergence Service Mode by selecting Key 1 of the Remote Transmitter.  This
forces the corrections to be written to the EEPROM on the Convergence Module.

Note:  To save the convergence corrections made above you must exit the
convergence menu by selecting Exit/Save Data (1).