[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox 27" TV Model#27MS345S

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:47:38 -0400

Max,
From Tech Repair CD:
Magnavox\27MS345S\A small number of these models may show the following
symptoms\1) Sluggish response to
turn-on command. it may take up to 15 commands to turn on the TV\2) Clock will
loose vast amounts of time
when TV is in off (in standby). CLUE The symptoms will only occur if there is a
stereo signal at turn
off\\Install software patch by replacing the memory IC002. This is a 8 pin DIP.
 Use only preprogrammed
part\To view the s/w version press the volume down on the TV and hold when it
reaches zero.  While holding
the volume down at the TV press zero on the remote 3 times.\A letter D will
appear in the upper right
corner to indicate the Service Mode.  Press the remote DISPLAY to see the MCU
at the bottom of the
screen\Press STANDBY to exit\Software version #MCU: A22V01 -Software fix # TO
4835 310 57594\MCU: A22V02 -
TO 4835 310 57596\\\

Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR
263 S Front St
Steelton PA 17113
ph..717-939-7708 fax...717-564-4952
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough
people to make it worth the
effort.