[TechAssist] Magnavox 25n1 chassis. Intermittent turn-on

  • From: RT Technologies <rthomas903@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:06:31 -0700 (PDT)

This set will not stay on when first plugged in. I can
hear the relay try to start but wont latch on until
about 2nd or 3rd try. Once set is on, it works fine.
If you turn off and on within 2-3 seconds, it turns on
ok. If turned off for more than 5 seconds, it will not
latch on until 2nd or 3rd attempt. I monitored the
on-off signal from the micro. Apparantly it pulses the
relay on and off instantly until about 2nd or 3rd try,
before turning the relay n fully. Could  this be a bad
micro? Any info would be appreciated.

Rodney Thomas
RT Technologies
Clarksville, MD