[TechAssist] Magnavox 25C5, sync

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 10:32:13 -0400

Loss of sync.

Customer says she saw a bright light coming from the back of the set and
shut it off.
When I tried it, it came on ok but horizontal was off freq. I cannot find
any burn marks or burned parts and yoke appeared to be working properly.
I pulled the chassis and have it running on the bench. Looks the same as in
the house, adjusted H so it floats but has no sync. The pulse from the HO
transformer is ok from the coil but develops ringing after going through two
resistors to pin 12 of the sync chip. Resistors measure ok and there is
nothing on the line to filter the ringing. Of course I don't have a chip on
the shelf.

Anyone have any notes on this one? The only mention of this in the Tips
section, mentions parts in the yoke return circuit. Everything there seems
OK.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH