[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox 20MS233S, no or very little sound

  • From: "Dave Huston" <HustonTV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:06:40 -0400

Daryl,
What's the chassis number. Should be printed on the edge of the board and
start with 00EMJ....
I may have the whole new board in stock.

Dave Huston
Huston TV & Electronics
2846 Marion-Cardington Rd.E.
Marion,Oh 43302-8919
Phone/Fax: 740-389-5726
email: HustonTV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: daryls_tv@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:20:14 -0600
To: TechAssist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Magnavox 20MS233S, no or very little sound

> Hi,
> This Magnavox, model 20MS233S, mfg. 7/2003, has very little sound on some
channels an no sound on some.  The stations that are broadcasting stereo
displays "mono" on the screen.  The audio jacks work and the volume bar also
functions.  I have ESR'd the electro's, looked for open resistors and poor
connections.... none found to be the problem.  I did find a service manual
listed but $50 plus S/H is out of the question plus the repairs.  This set
will not justify those kind of expenses.  I should go buy a new set at $79
and tell the customer I repaired it and collect the money.  However, I don't
think the customer is that gullible.

-