[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox 20MS233S, no or very little sound

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 22:57:15 -0400

Daryl,
Don't need a service manual...need this,
From Tech Repair CD:
Philips\20MS233S99\No sound or low sound on tuner* OK on AV input\\\\IC 7000 (
9322 152 70671) has
failed\Cause: Electrical Over Stress of IC from CRT arc due to lead
dress\Resolution: Dress black wire
from 0227 on chassis to 0227 on Stereo CBA away from black wire that grounds
CRT DAG coating.\Also dress
0227 wire away from CRT.  This is very important to avoid future failures\\\\\
Jeff
--
Intrepid Video TV/VCR Repair
263 S Front St, Steelton PA 17113