[TechAssist] Magnavox 20MS233S, no or very little sound

  • From: daryls_tv@xxxxxxx
  • To: TechAssist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:20:14 -0600

Hi,
This Magnavox, model 20MS233S, mfg. 7/2003, has very little sound on some
channels an no sound on some.  The stations that are broadcasting stereo
displays "mono" on the screen.  The audio jacks work and the volume bar also
functions.  I have ESR'd the electro's, looked for open resistors and poor
connections.... none found to be the problem.  I did find a service manual
listed but $50 plus S/H is out of the question plus the repairs.  This set will
not justify those kind of expenses.  I should go buy a new set at $79 and tell
the customer I repaired it and collect the money.  However, I don't think the
customer is that gullible.
Any help or advice would be appreciated to save this repair.
Daryl
Daryl's TV
2402 Wyoming Ave.
El Paso, TX  79903