[TechAssist] Re: Mag 27MS343S TV

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 17:50:27 -0800 (PST)

There is a power switch but it is not straight forward like we are used to.
This thing turns on by applying 9v to pin 28 of the video processor I/C 201
which in turn puts out a horiz. drive signal through pin 32 to the driver
transformer and start up. However if you don't have sufficient voltage on the
HOT it will not start. The power supply should put out 140 volts to the HOT at
plug in as I see it. Some where in this mix the eeprom fits in also. BTW there
is 5v on the eeprom and the
power button and I/R sensor.

Paul

John <maintv2004@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There is no on/off switch on that power supply so it must run all the time
but at about one-third power when the set is off. At turn on, the power
comes up to normal. It is unlikely the chip is bad in this case. More
likely a turn-on problem or a shorted load on the power supply. There was a
bulletin for "slow to turn on" but I lost that after a recent computer
crash. Maybe someone else has that. John.
John Mielke
Main TV
636 Main St
Longmont, Co 80501