[TechAssist] Re: MY VCR PARTS ARE NOT FEELING THE LOVE!

  • From: "J. Knoll" <jaystv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 16:57:58 -0400

I was thinking more a direct transfer. Any editing would involve other
costs per hour.   Jay

On 7/2/05, Ed Gaidies <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jay...
> As you know it can be a very time consuming effort to edit stuff to DVD.
> Seems the customer always wants things cut out, so you basically have to
> edit it back to VHS, for their approval before you burn. I used to have
> the equipment to Dub tapes from Regular and Super8 to VHS and had a
> minimal business with it. Since this VHS stuff is linear, and takes
> Real-Time to dub it to digital..what do you expect to charge for a 1
> hour production.
>=20
> Interesting concept...but I guess if you had a Professional System to do
> it, and did enough of them, might be a good business venture.
>=20
> I also used to do the PAL to NTSC conversion for people, since we have a
> lot of German people here....But there again...and hour
> Conversion...took an hour.
>=20
> That wasn't too bad...since you just let the tapes run.
>=20
> -Ed-
>=20
> Tel-Tek Electronics
> Ontario-Canada
>=20
> teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> teltek@xxxxxxxxx
>=20

--=20
J. Knoll  TechAssist Monitor
TechAssist
225 Monticello Ave.
Clarksburg WV, 26301
www.tech-assist.org www.techassist.net=20
PS:
 If replying to this email, please include all previous correspondence.=20
 It is the only way we can get the full picture. Thank You!!!