[TechAssist] Re: MAG: 25X6 chassis Quick Question?

  • From: Dennis Viereck <wa6ati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 08:43:12 -0800

On a Linear supply that light bulb arrangement will work great. On a SMPS I
still
like to put the bulb in series with the 130vdc B+ to the flyback. With this 25X6
chassis since it is a linear supply putting the bulb in series with the AC line
fuse works great as a dynamic current limiter.

And you know you don't have to use a socket on a board, You can use a all rubber
socket with two pigtail wires coming out of it. Just use clip leads to attach it
to the open fuse terminals.

Dennis Viereck