[TechAssist] Re: Looking for VHS to DVD recorder

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:41:18 -0500

I had entertained something along that idea also. Free space should not be a
problem as I currently have all of my desktop computers set up with striped
RAID 0 arrays using twin 40G ATA133 hard drives, which effectively sees them
as one 80G drive. I just installed an ASUS K8V Deluxe motherboard with an
AMD64 3200 CPU which will now allow me to not only use the IDE drives in a
RAID array, but now it also supports SATA drives in another RAID
configuration. My distributors has the 120G SATA drives for only $104 each.
I am going to order two of them which will give me an effective drive of
240G and that baby had better never get anywhere near full! Thanks for the
reply!

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager