[TechAssist] Light Engine Problems

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 08:00:27 -0500

The big problem I'm having besides the light engine's power supply or bulb
startup is Dust in an unsealed optical section....also, just found some
arbitary light leakage from the engine bouncing into the viewing area, due
to the fact that the plastic housing around the engine's final lens wasn't
sealed well. Get out the electrician's tape....

Should I name names???

Sony: Lamp Driver board upgrades--Easy to do in most cases. Engine
replacement is easier than most, but requires careful cable removal and
marking

Philips: Dust....and the leaky light problem. Replacing the engine is
extremely Major Work, as you have to remove the top.

Pansonic: Dust. Easy to deal with, once you take it apart one time. All work
done from the front of the projo. Don't know about engine removal yet.

Samsung and Hitachi: Don't know...

Tell me your experiences.....

Damon Brunger