[TechAssist] Last Chance - Magnavox RC5266PE02 Ch# 25C109-BA - Parts Needed

  • From: t-warren@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 23:25:15 -0700

I'm going to try one last time to get the parts I need to fix this old
dinosaur before I turn it into an aquarium stand for my wife...

As Walter Wood described it: "the ole 2 (big) module, so called Phionex
chassis"...

I need the o/s tuning system module # A10009 according to the diagrams
plastered to the inside of the cabinet... The actual # on the module is
A10017AC02...

This module contains a Mostek 8228 microprocessor and a separate ROM chip
which I have been completely unable to find a replacement for...

I have been unable to find any specs on either chip so, I'm not sure
where to find the power, reset, and clock pins on the Mostek chip to do
any checks... All this is moot, however, if the ROM is bad... I have no
way to check the programming on this ROM...

Surely someone has to have one of these in a boneyard somewhere...  I've
exhausted all local resources...

Last chance, can anyone help? I'm confident the problems lies with this
module - all I need is a replacement...

Thanks!

Terry Warren
t-warren@xxxxxxxx