[TechAssist] Re: Labor rates for PTV work

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 15:26:13 -0600

Phil,

That depends on the way pay is structured.  Mine now are paid on a
percentage basis, not by the hour.  Works better for both in the long
run.  Had one guy, paid hourly, that would do no more than four units a
day.  He figured he'd earned his pay and to do more would only make money
"for the boss."

The last man I hired was hired mainly for his body!  Before you get any
wrong ideas, Joe is a good tech, but without a lot of experience in big
screen repair.  He is much younger than I am.  He can work on the floor
without having to call the Red Cross to help him up.  I provide the
brain, he does the braun!

Y'all have a good weekend.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services