[TechAssist] Re: LIFT TRUCKS

  • From: "Dan Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 01:19:30 -0500

I'm getting more impressed with this VERY light-weight folding GENIE Lift
for smaller TV lifting. (#71-155D in C&H Catalog) ($553). Here are some good
links below w/ photos & specs showing more than the catalogs do. If needed,
I could add a slightly larger platform to it. This might be a lift I would
consider using everyday - I'm still researching and looking for comments
from others!
(Use Google.com) type:   Genie Folding Load Lifters -AND- Genie Load Lifter

http://www.kdllifts.com/genie-material/genieloadlifter2.htm
http://www.genielift.com/ml-series/ml-1-2.asp
http://www.genielift.com/pdf/Loadlift.pdf
http://static.manutangroup.com/KEY/picts/ZO_982-A135-01.jpg (good photo!)
http://www.materialflow.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Model+No.+LL-5.5&Category_Code=GPL
http://static.manutangroup.com/KEY/en_GB/PDF/177.pdf
http://www.genielift.com/Brochures/MaterialLiftLine.pdf (specs on Load
Lifter)

Garris TV
Dan Garris
New Bern, NC
Ph: (252) 638-4477
DGarris@xxxxxxxxxxx

>From: "Dan Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [TechAssist] LIFT TRUCKS
>Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 23:02:35 -0500
>
>...So far I really like my Escalera lift for the larger sets! Had a 35"
>Toshiba come in shop the next day and it was so easy to service with the
>lift. Also had a console come in same day - but the employees simply
>brought
>it in by hand - however late that night I wanted to work on a set and I
>used
>the Escalera to move the large console off the bench by myself. (I like
>this
>Escalera!) ...Now I need something for the slightly smaller sets to
>complete
>my Lifting (back-saving) needs...
>
>...(Relating to post below)   ...I'm also interested in how the "Genie
>Folding Load lifter" (weighs only 45 lbs) would work for lifting smaller
>25"
>- 32" sets to the bench. I love our Escalera for these Monster 35" and
>larger sets (real back-saver) but interested in a smaller everyday
>light-weight lift for lifting these common 25", 27", 30" and 32" sets to
>the
>bench. Anyone have any comments?
>
>...Our Escalera (which I love!) is "over-kill" and too big for using
>everyday with these common 25"- 32" smaller sets. I've always just carried
>these smaller sets in by hand or use my folding hand-truck but would be
>smart to have a clever lift well designed mainly for lifting these smaller
>sets. I've seen in the catalogs the WESCO (Lite-Lifts) Magnesuim 2-wheel
>and
>4-wheel hand-crank or pedal type lifts in 40" or 54" lift height...
>
>... (to clarify)  ...I know there are nice folding-carts (which I have one
>am very happy with) for getting the smaller sets into the shop from the
>parking-lot, I'm just interested in a "LIFT" ( up, down, up, down, up, down
>...whew!) for the smaller sets to save our backs since we service many more
>of these sets on our bench daily!
>
>...The Escalera has solved my 35", 36" and PTV lifting needs! But because I
>take in many more 25", 27", 30" and 32" each day - I'm now Really
>interested
>in what other shops are using (and very happy with) for lifting these
>smaller "everyday" common 25", 27", 30" and 32" sets to the bench.
>
>Garris TV
>Dan Garris
>New Bern, NC
>Ph: (252) 638-4477
>DGarris@xxxxxxxxxxx

Browse styles for all ages, from the latest looks to cozy weekend wear at
MSN Shopping.  And check out the beauty products! http://shopping.msn.com