[TechAssist] LIFT TRUCKS

  • From: "Dan Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 23:02:35 -0500

...So far I really like my Escalera lift for the larger sets! Had a 35"
Toshiba come in shop the next day and it was so easy to service with the
lift. Also had a console come in same day - but the employees simply brought
it in by hand - however late that night I wanted to work on a set and I used
the Escalera to move the large console off the bench by myself. (I like this
Escalera!) ...Now I need something for the slightly smaller sets to complete
my Lifting (back-saving) needs...

...(Relating to post below)   ...I'm also interested in how the "Genie
Folding Load lifter" (weighs only 45 lbs) would work for lifting smaller 25"
- 32" sets to the bench. I love our Escalera for these Monster 35" and
larger sets (real back-saver) but interested in a smaller everyday
light-weight lift for lifting these common 25", 27", 30" and 32" sets to the
bench. Anyone have any comments?

...Our Escalera (which I love!) is "over-kill" and too big for using
everyday with these common 25"- 32" smaller sets. I've always just carried
these smaller sets in by hand or use my folding hand-truck but would be
smart to have a clever lift well designed mainly for lifting these smaller
sets. I've seen in the catalogs the WESCO (Lite-Lifts) Magnesuim 2-wheel and
4-wheel hand-crank or pedal type lifts in 40" or 54" lift height...

... (to clarify)  ...I know there are nice folding-carts (which I have one I
am very happy with) for getting the smaller sets into the shop from the
parking-lot, I'm just interested in a "LIFT" ( up, down, up, down, up, down
...whew!) for the smaller sets to save our backs since we service many more
of these sets on our bench daily!

...The Escalera has solved my 35", 36" and PTV lifting needs! But because I
take in many more 25", 27", 30" and 32" each day - I'm now Really interested
in what other shops are using (and very happy with) for lifting these
smaller "everyday" common 25", 27", 30" and 32" sets to the bench.

Garris TV
Dan Garris
New Bern, NC
Ph: (252) 638-4477