[TechAssist] Re: LA7841 UPDATE

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:17:32 -0800

Friends,

As I mentioned in a post below, have had problems with bad LA7841's.  My
last order, I had at least half of them bad (on order of 10).

I got in a new order last week.  Put in two new ones without success.
Finally found one on a junker. The darn thing works.  I am mad enough to
eat nails.

Am sending those back.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:07:33 -0800 gulftech@xxxxxxxx writes:

> Charles,
>
> I've had a rash of bad LA7841's.  As a test, I put in an LA7845.  It
> smoked instantly.  Blew out a hole near P3, the VCC.  BTW, this set
> is a
> Sanyo DS31810.  Mine had same symptom as your set, with no output.
> Have
> put in two new chips (7841) before trying the 7845.  At least the
> 7841's
> didn't smoke!
>

> Ken Smith
> Gulf Technical Services
> 3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
> Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
> 850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)
>

> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:09:29 -0600 "repair1" <repair1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> writes:
> >
> > sanyo ds31590
> >
> > symptom: no vertical deflection,has b+ at pins 3 and 6., has vert
> > signal
> > going into chip.
> >
> > solution: ic 501(oem la7841 la7845 works nicely) and c511(.1 film
> > cap that
> > is in parallel with vert yoke pins on pcb)
> >
> > sidenote, VERT WINDINGS ON YOKE ON THIS SET WILL NOT RING, hth

> > Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here:

> Only $9.95 per month!
> Visit www.juno.com

Only $9.95 per month!