[TechAssist] KV35S36 regs in thermal runaway

  • From: "tony saracco" <tcselectronics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:11:24 -0500

I have changed the .47uf bird tird caps, .22uf blue caps, 2 - .001uf blue caps
( basically all caps in primary side of reg circuit) statically check all other
reg components but Q 601 an 602 still over heat and die after 45 min. I even
tried making heat sinks with no luck there. YES i am using generic C4834's but
can get away with it most of the time without thermal probs. Have tried both
P's and M versions.
any advise or maybe a pws part # if it is still available, Not listed on
tritronix model part list.

could use the SM if someone wants to Email it to me.

thanks much

Tony Saracco
TCS ELECTRONICS
Elgin , IL 60120