[TechAssist] Re: KV32V36,strange problem after power supply repair,won"t power down!

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 07:27:37 -0500

      Last Update
      5/9/2002 Event ID
      E08912019 Model
      KV32V36
      Subject
      DEAD (SHORTED D103, D104, AND IC641)

SYMPTOMS

Unit will not power up. Standby voltage measured 1v.

RESOLUTION

Found shorted D103, D104. After replacing diodes found unit would shut down.
By reducing the input voltage unit would power on but would not power off,
HV was still on. Also found IC641, 874992058 shorted and outputting about
10v instead of 9v.

      Last Update
      3/27/2002 Event ID
      E16571130 Model
      KV32V26, KV32V36, KV35V36, KV35V76
      Subject
      Power Relay Cycling, No Raster, No Sound

SYMPTOMS

Power Relay Cycling, No Raster, No Sound

CAUSE

Power Relay Cycling, No Raster Replaced relay drive transistor. Check
component loading down I2C bus. With AV board disconnected, set powers up
with raster and sound.

RESOLUTION

No +9V supply on AV board. Therefore I2C bus being loaded down. Defective +9
volt regulator IC. BA09.

Also check to see if relay is working properly (sticking contacts).
Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms