[TechAssist] KP-53V45, Convergence problems

  • From: daryls_tv@xxxxxxx
  • To: TechAssist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 16:12:51 -0600

This set has really giving me fits.
The set is way off on convergence (all three colors).  Sometimes it will work
fine but it doesn't appear to be temperature or vibration related.  Used up a
can of freeze spay, used the heat gun as well as resoldered everything in
sight.  One of the few times it does work, you can go into the menu and access
the customer convergence and the cross hair adjustments work just fine.  When
the set has the problem, you go into the menu and access the cross hair
adjustments and there isn't any response at all.  The other menu functions
work.  I saw it act up one time from good to bad. It looks like the Hitachi
sets do when you hit the magic focus button, with the various sides and corners
changing size and linearity.  This is the best way I can describe it.  I
replaced IC804. IC806, IC808, (PM0011AS),IC809, IC810 (STK392-110).  There was
absolutely no change.
I looked for an eeprom but I didn't see anything that resembled one.
Sure could use some ides on this one.
Thanks,
Daryl

Daryl's TV