[TechAssist] KEC 9BNL/2 horiz output runs too hot

  • From: "John at Main TV" <maintv2004@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:00:00 -0600

I know this is a long shot but I will try this before I give up on this set.
It is a KEC 9BNL/2 9" DC-only TV that is built into a van.  It is made in
2001.  It came in with the horiz. output shorted and I replaced it with the
original BU406 transistor.  It works great except that it runs very hot.  I
played it for 1 hour and the temperature of the output was 170 degree F. I
tried other transistor types but they were worse.  I ESR'd all caps and
measured resistors in the area. Of course I do not have a service manual.
Does anyone have a suggestion?  TIA, John.
John Mielke
Main TV
636 main St.
Longmont, Co