[TechAssist] Re: Just a question

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:14:27 -0400

If one has a long winded symptom too much to incl in subject line, maybe
just put model + "Video issues" or "intermittant startup issue", "no
chan. change,more" indicates the main symptom, but there are others
detailed below.
Just a thought.
And please do add "FIX" to the subject line when repair completed. So
many techs simple drop off the face of the earth after a dozen threads
of assistance never to be heard of again.
The "fix" is our reward treat!
And I archive all emails in a Netscape mail folder so I can search off
line. I may add several search parameters like:
"CTC169" and "audio"  and  "fix", click "match all of following".
I just get any 169 chassis with an audio issue that were fixed.
Print them out,staple and slide next to the TV under repair.
Arnt I intellogant?
Phil Bader

Kevin wrote:

> This question is off topic, but I have to ask it:  Are we not supposed
> to, according to the guidelines, put the problem in the subject line,
> along with the model and chassis number?  I am noticing more and more
> subject lines with model and chassis number only.  Thanks.
>
> Kevin Wilks
> Kevin's TV & Video Repair
> Penticton BC Canada
> kevintv@xxxxxxx

> Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
> http://sell.tech-assist.org
> The Tech Address Book:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For Professional Technicians Only

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!