[TechAssist] JVC vcr fundamentals

  • From: "al m" <ampm@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 17:17:04 -0500

Just came back from a guys house and I fixed two JVC vcrs for him. I carried
them in gave them to him and he hooked them up. He went to video on the TV and
put a tape in. No picture! I take a look at the back of the vcrs and he has the
out on the top one going to the in on the bottom one, and the out on the bottom
one going to the in on the top one.I said you got nothing going to the TV for A
/ V outputs, he says yes I do and he points to the RF cords. I told him it
won't work like that but he insisted he's been doing it like that for 18 yrs.
My question is, is he nuts or am I a little behind on technology? I hooked it
up like it should be but he wasn't happy and said he'll straighten it out
because he's been doing it a long time. He'll give me a call if he can't get it
right.Just wanted to tell you guys about part of my day thanks for listening.
Guy has me pissed off.
al marquardt
ampm@xxxxxxx

Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here: