[TechAssist] Re: JVC broken PC board

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 19:26:11 +0000

Cyanoacrcylates work (super glue use w/ an activator ie TCE ) make sure it
isn't conductive. Larger traces - Grounds- etc can be bridged with heavy
componet lead wire (ie from an old transistor or high watt resistor) smaller
traces esp tighly packed ones can be more of an art to fix. the key problem
I see is that the shadow mask of a lot of CRT will shift/ break loose with
that big of a shock so you may spend a coulple of hrs patching the board
only to find the crt is history. doen't happen all the time but often enough
to warent caution before attempting. Any story on what happened to the set--
droped, fell out of aircraft, moved by the airforce, thrown out window by
ex, ----you get the idea.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Barry Thompson" <barrystv@xxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] JVC broken PC board
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:33:21 -0400

Hi All: Took the back off this set an found the flyback sitting underneath
the crt.The board is cracked and broken and in several places.Is there a
good glue I can use other than apoxy?Thanks Barry.
barrystv@xxxxxxx
Barrys TV
613 224 3406
Ottawa