[TechAssist] JVC VCR SA-N50U- Problems with green Tosin capacitors causing distorted picture

  • From: HarrisTV50010@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 14:03:10 EDT

I am working on a JVC VCR SA-N50U. It came in with a problem of tearing and
unstable picture in both E-E mode & play/rec modes. I started checking the ESR
of the capacitors in the video circuits. I found at least 3/4 of the green
colored capacitors with the name of TOSIN on them have a high ESR. There is
probably 50 of these things that are bad throughout the different circuits. Has
any
one else had problems with these capacitors? I imagine that all the green
ones should be replaced?
TIA,
Dale

Dale A. Lubow... HarrisTV50010@xxxxxxx ..515-232-1109..(Fax)515-232-3356
Harris TV & Appliance..........335 Lincoln
Way.....Ames.....Iowa.....50010-3384

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org