[TechAssist] Re: JVC VCR HR-VP639U

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 08:43:05 -0600

Ed,

I hope I can describe this so that it helps.  There is a plastic bar I
call an operating bar.  It can be white or black, located on the top of
the chassis beneath the loader.  Look for a small spring which should
attach to the bar at the front side about one-third of the way down.  The
post that holds the spring to the bar breaks and causes what you mention.

I'm writing this from memory second hand.  Don, my VCR man, has shown
this to me many times.  He does not replace the "bar."  He drills a tiny
hole in the bar to reattach the spring.

Let us know what you find.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32561
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

------------------

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 00:00:22 -0500 "Jeff Dougherty"
<jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Ed,
> I have this for several HRVP models.
> Didn't you look in your Tech Repair CD program?
> DEFECTIVE IC1 (LOADING DRIVE MOTOR)- (BA6418N) ECG #7042-
> LOCATED ON DECK TERMINAL. BOARD ATTACHED TO BOTTOM OF DECK.
> Also:
> REPLACE CONTROL CAM #LP20003-001A & PLATE LP10004-001B
> These aren't for your exact model, so let me know if either helps,
> so I can
> add it.
> Jeff
> HAPPY HOLIDAYS:PEACE ON EARTH