[TechAssist] JVC TV Model AV-27BP3 Power surge

  • From: "Wally Heise" <sirepair@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech Assist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 22:42:57 -0500

Hello Techs,

I am working on a JVC Model AV27BP3 that was dead due to a nearby lightning
strike.  So far I have replaced the bridge diodes in the power supply, then
voltage regulators at IC551 (2412), IC 901 (2405) and IC001 (TA78L005AP).
Now I have audio, washed out video and poor horizontal sync. I can change
channels, all act the same, no AV inputs and the function switch doesn't do
anything (no OSD).  Is there another voltage regulator I'm missing?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Wally Heise
South Isle Repair