[TechAssist] JVC TV, AV27D304 Chassis A110, need part ID

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:31:21 -0500

This TV, A JVC model AV27D304 with chassis A110 (made in March 2003)
came into the shop with a cracked circuit board. Q681, a surface mount
transistor which is situated near the A/V input jacks , lost a leg in
the the mishap.

What is the purpose of this transistor, and what are the specs so I can
try to use a regular generic non- surface mount to replace it. (I'm
hoping something such as a 2N3904 will work. Perhaps a schematic of the
immediate area would help. Also, if available, could I have the JVC part
number in case nothing else is good enough.

Thanks for any help.
--

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics