[TechAssist] JVC PTV NU55BX4, Problem with Red

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 09:26:29 -0500

Techs,

This unit, mfg in 1993, is (I'm sure) made by Pioneer.  Customer said
color problem, then dead.  Rebuilt the power supply and resoldered
hundreds of connections typical of Pioneer.  Still have a color problem
and need help on where to go.

When the aspect is set to wide, the pix is nearly perfect.  When set to
regular, the video lacks red OR the red flashes over the entire picture.
After several hours of work last night, it is at the "flash" stage now.
Have never seen anything like it.  Does not respond to cold spray, heat,
or tapping.

I have no print and have little idea where to go with this.  Since the
"Cinema", "Full", and "Panorama" pictures are good and the problem only
is seen in "Regular," I should be able to find it.  Would greatly
appreciate a hand with this one.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway