[TechAssist] JVC Home stereo/amp RX-208BK dead, 220VAC to home

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 11:49:53 -0400

The electric co goofed. Put 220VAC thru home. This Hi-fi stereo is dead.
the main power transformer primary reads open.
Transformer# ETP1150-47JAJ shows good number at Tri-tronics, lists over
$150.00, "not in stock, can be ordered"
The primary side pins of this transformer read open where the AC input
wires solder at terminals "D" and "C". But between terminals  "D" and
"H" I get about three ohms. Id the D/H the actual input leads, and the
wires go to "D" and one "dummy" pin "C" where there is a thermal cutoff
device inside the transformer that internally jumps over to "H"?
(confusing!)
I would like to "bypass" this safety for testing to see if the trouble
goes on in the unit.
Could I simply connect the ac line to the two pins with continuity ?
Need feedback!
Phil Bader
--
Philip Bader