[TechAssist] JVC HR-XVC20U(R) Doesn't recognise DVD but will play Audio CD

  • From: "Jon Garver" <jongar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 19:16:11 -0500

This unit is a fairly new VCR / DVD combo.

It came in with the tray stuck out. Kids horseplaying around
fell on it while the tray was out and jammed it to where it
wouldn't go back in.

I removed the DVD assembly and was able to get the tray to
work again but now it doesn't recognise DVD but will play audio
CD's OK. It comes up with an error message "Incorrect Disk".

I read somewhere that a system reset may fix it. Does anyone
know the procedure for this? I tried a link on JVC's website
but they don't list that model.

Maybe there is another reason for it not to read the DVD's,
maybe someone could share those ideas?

Thanks,

Jon Garver
Heritage Television Service