[TechAssist] JVC HR-V646U (vcr), More or less dead

  • From: "Harlan" <hpgarbe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 18:04:30 -0600

Hi,

When you plug in the AC cord, the display shows "CH 2" and in a few
seconds that disappears and then reads (what looks like) "Auto" and
keeps blinking this message contiually. The power button has no
effect, the vcr will not accept a cassette (ie, won't take in the
cassette), the head drum, capstan and loading motor all fail to run
at any point with one exception.... if I manually advace the loading
motor pulley till the loading gear is up in position around the
heads, and then plug in the AC cord, the capstan motor runs briefly
and also (driven by belt from capstan) the left reel rotates for that
same time. Then it stops and goes back to flashing "auto" again.

Sorry, no schematic and I haven't tried digging out any voltages from
the power supply. Don't mean to sound lazy but could this be a bad
cap in power supply or missing some supply voltages .... looking for
anyone who may have some notes on this model/condition. ???

Thanks for any tips.....this unit is about a 1998 model I believe.

Harlan

SUBJECT field to the address above.