[TechAssist] JVC GR-AX750 camcorder E07 error, other problems

  • From: MYERSVCR@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 00:44:58 EST

    This camcorder had a tape stuck in it. After removing tape, and
reassembling and making sure all connectors were attached,  it loads the
'tape' (I covered the center LED) but will not unload. This is the way it
first came to me. Tape was around the heads. Using a tape produces same
results.
E07 "unit in safeguard mode and "remove and reattach battery" flashing in
viewfinder. I am powering it using AC adapter. No mechanical obstructions
visible blocking the spindles from unloading. In fact when I uncover the LED
and just plug in adapter with no tape in unit the spindles go around the
heads, unload and pressing eject on function board  works.
    Problems with unloading only when tape is inserted or when I defeat the
center LED
    I'm thinking possibly the mode switch needs cleaned or positioned. HOw do
you clean these little things? and does anyone have a print or could explain
mode switch positioning?
This switch is really hard to get to. Craig