[TechAssist] JVC AV48WP30 Convergence problem (FIXED)

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:26:05 -0600

Shaun,
I did the exact same repair on a AV48WP78 just last Friday. The STK392-180
fixed my problem as well.

I unplugged the three plugs on the DVI module, just to make sure no light
hit it while working from the front access hole. It was not clear to me, if
the Eprom could be accidently erased with the power plug removed from the AC
outlet. Also, pins 1 & 2 on the DVI plug are not labeled, so I didn't dare
to short out any of them.

I think there needs to be more discussion on the dangers of the accidental
erassing of the Eprom in the DVI module , because,... with problems other
then convergence sure to come in the future, the set will sometimes need to
be run with the back cover removed.

Will removing the plugs from the DVI module, effect the operation of the TV
with the back off,...or is it a better way to short the 2 pins 1 & 2 ?  And
if so,....how do you know which pins to short when they are NOT labeled ?
Count CW from the top left ?, or count CCW from the bottom right ? or what
? ). This is a very confussing issue IMO.

A secondary question: Is this a HDTV, or does it need something connected to
the DVI jack, before it can be converted to HDTV ?

Regards,
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics
97 North Main                             " I forgot,..to remember,..
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087           to forget "
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx