[TechAssist] JVC AV-36120, not quite dead, need PDF and/or tips.

  • From: Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Techassist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:58:26 -0500

I have a possible storm damaged JVC chassis in, 13V to 3 pin regulator
IC771 is loaded down to about 7 volts. The OUT pin of IC771 is about 2.5
volts instead of 5V and the power relay chatters. With IC771 removed the
13V source is 13 volts and the HV turns on with a normal HOT collector
pulse. If I then supply 5 volts to the OUT pin of IC771 with IC771 still
removed the HV does not come up and the 13 volt source is back to about
7 volts. Could use a schematic or a partial scan if anyone has it.

Thanks,

Since 1972                     *
Jim Myers                      *
Telrad Electronics             *