[TechAssist] Re: JVC AV27880 dead- AV27980-correction

  • From: Richard Lsa Placa <continentaltv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 08:37:17 -0700 (PDT)

 Richard Lsa Placa <continentaltv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all
Sorry My keyboard did something funny and sent the message while I was typing
it.
Anyway,
This came from another shop un repairable. I found the IC901 Pin4 ramping from
10 to 15 volts. I changed IC901, still the same . I changed both opto-isolators
and checked all diodes,capacitors and transistors and as many resistors as I
could in the circuit and still no go. When you plug in the set and wait for
about 3 seconds you get 1 pulse going into the chopper transformer T901and
that's it. There is no voltage on pin 1 of IC 901 and I cant figure out how to
get this thing to oscillate. I disconnected the secondarys thinking there was
an overload and still nothing.
Does anybody know what I can disconnect to at least start this terrible power
supply? Business is so slow around here I have to repair all these TV's that
nobody else can.
Richard Lsa Placa wrote:

Thank You!
Richard La Placa