[TechAssist] JBL Tuner/Controller TC-1

  • From: tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 07 May 2002 07:47:15 -0800

This unit is an overhead projection unit made by Harmon Electronics. The
Tuner/Controller is a JBL brand but lots of the boards are made by Phillips.
Customer has a picture but with "squiggly lines" in the picture. I brought the
tuner/controller into my shop and hooked up a VCR to Input 1 and monitored The
green video output from the RGB outputs on my monitor. I can't really see the
problem with the picture on my much smaller monitor than her projector but I
can see the squiggles when I pull up the OSD. I noticed that the squiggles
disappear when I disconnect the video from the input and my OSD looks clean,
but as soon as I hook the video back up, I see the squigglies again. Seems like
no signal, everything is clean. Anyone out there ever worked on one of these
units before with this type of a problem? Almost looks like PIP problems that
Mitsubishi boards have or AGC lines. Anyone ever worked on one of these with
this problem before of know where I can get a replacement that has RGB inputs.
Customer would like to get this unit back asp.  TIA Neil

TV Doctors    108 W. Main St. Monroe,Wa. 98272    360-794-6469