[TechAssist] Re: Ivan / flood-water soaked electronics

  • From: "peter" <pe.kow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:40:25 -0400

Back in the "old days" when Quasar Canada still was a separate entity and
did board repair, they had ( I believe) 6 dishwashers to do boards in. They
washed them and did a double dry cycle., let sit for a couple of days and
then repaired and recycled them,. If you've got a lot of mud, I'd suggest
that you hose down the equipment first having removed the boards from their
respective cabinets. Things like TV's that are remote controlled may require
repair in standby circuits and anything in MDF or chip board cabinets may be
a write off. Hope most goes well, take your time and don't rush---better to
wait another day than be upset because something wasn't quite dry enough.
Peter Kowalik   pe.kow@xxxxxxxxxxxx   Keith's Stereo   Burl ON