[TechAssist] Itronix laptop

  • From: "Ed" <edb3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:36:37 -0700

I have a Itronix laptop that was givi'n to me, was used in a business and has
windows 2000 on it, it appears to work, but will only boot to the software that
was used in the business. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these
systems, i thought about trying to plug in another drive so i could redo the
drive in the computer but cant figure out how this thing comes apart, built
like a tank. It has no floppy, has a cd/dvd drive, but it wont play a disc,
says wrong disc format, i cand get into the bios, everything is password
protected. It does have a door that opens and inside there is a long row of
pins, looks like something was designed to plug in. Sorry about the limited
info, computers are not really my expertise, just thought id throw this out
there b4 i decide to use it for a boat anchor, but its probably not even good
for that.
      ED   Video Pro-Tech
              Mesa AZ