[TechAssist] Re: Is it worth it?.... depends on the alternative

  • From: "Video Clinic- Pana" <videoclinicpana@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 21:39:11 -0600

you are correct about the replacement cost , but if i can fix it and get
34.50 for less than an hours time,  it is still worth it to me   i dont get
carried away and have to scrap some for cost effectiveness but they become a
source for hard to get parts . sure not worth buying lit or parts and paying
shipping.  many of my customers arent making high wages and if they can save
the other 30-40 dollars for replacement ,, they will eat again this week.
you on the other  hand must be very fortunate to have some high wage
customers in your area.  i wish it were true for all of us.  this industry
is in real trouble and we'll all be out of a job if this continues this
slide into the landfill.  maybe i'll quit and get a security job somewhere,.
i hear theres a few openings in  that field.., lol