[TechAssist] Re: Information on the ATC311 chassis and ChipperCheck.

  • From: ray clarke <ray260@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:13:32 -0700 (PDT)

My shop just renewed it`s asc for way too much money
for what we seem to get back. Any rca asc`know what`s
happenned to fixfinder. I found it on an old computer
here when I loaded the monthly file and was told that
computer was not authorized for the update. The update
must be hidden on the cd-rom somewhere but where and
why can`t I access it.Ray

--- walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've posted twice before on this subject and I now
> have news from Thomson.
> The ChipperCheck program it's self shows that this
> chassis must be accessed by the ethernet
> connection. It must be a "crossover" cable
> The latest manual states in 4 places on the first
> page alone that ChipperCheck "is, required,
> reccemmended, must, be used to align this chassis.
> I found that impossible to do, trying three
> different computers and three different operating
> systems.
> After waiting 3 days for a reply from thomson tech
> support, I am informed that the "adaptors" are not
> manufactured yet, and are not available.
> So, I guess I'm supposed to try and adjust all two
> of the things that I can manually(according to the
> manual, basic geometry, and color temp) even though
> it's not reccommended.
> That leaves all the convergence adjustments which
> really can be done like other thomson sets, but is
> not reccommended.
> What a crock!!!
> Walter
>
> =====
> Walter Wood
> Future Tech Home Center
> 2786 Hwy. 43 N.
> Lawrenceburg Tn. 38464
> 931-829-3337
> Fax 931-829-4044
> mailto:wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx

> http://sbc.yahoo.com

> CHECK OUT THE NEW CHATROOM! Just login and click on
> chat!
> The Tech Address Book:
> Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email
> Address:
> http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your
> Login Info?".

=====