[TechAssist] IBM Monitor 2127 Made by ACER 7276

  • From: "Tel-Tek Electronics" <teltek2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "AAAA TECH-ASSIST" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 10:24:39 -0400

To the guys that do Monitors.....

Monitor was dead, with H/O shorted. Replaced with same 2SC5048. Replaced
C702 and C704 with 470ufd/100volts, as per Winstips, and changed Q316 with
IFR640, adding the insulator kit.
    Still no HV, but I can see the CRT light up at turn on, then die down
and try to light again, does this about 3 times then "dead". Does not short
anything out, Power light remains green, have tried it on my computer to see
if it may need drive to take it out of sleep mode, but I think it's still a
HV problem.
    Any help appreciated, Have checked my Winstips Database. so you don't
have to re-check.

TIA

-Ed-
Tel-Tek Electronics
Midland, Ont. Canada.
teltek2@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Quality will be remembered, long after Price is forgotten"

  http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html