[TechAssist] IBM G50 Monitor shuts down when brightness is high.

  • From: "Sam Faber" <sfaber@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 22:08:32 +1100

Hi People,

I Have an IBM G50 (6543304) monitor, it cuts out when the brightness is turned
up or when it switches to a different resolution. It needs to be switched off
for a few seconds and on again to reset the picture.

There are also two yellow shadows across the screen when the brightness is
increased.

I have managed to get a schematic for the G50 (6543301), from
http://rv6llh.rsuh.ru/G50.pdf

Regards Sam Faber VK2GLN