[TechAssist] Re: Hypothetical: When NTSC goes,will we have onestandard ?

  • From: "majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:15:24 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah, I liked that a lot
g'night
Pete
tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Wow. My 30 yr old antenna theory...
Usually with a multi element yagi you have an active, or driven
element the correct wavelength (say a 1/2 wave dipole). There will be
slightly (5%?)shorter elements in front of it called directors. The
elements behind it, slightly longer are reflectors. These reflectors
as the name emplies reflect the signal to active(driven)element in an
in phase additive effect allowing for gain. They also work to reject
unwanted signal and noise from behind the antenna. My analogy here is,
a man cups his hand to his ear to hear someone across the room. This
directs the man's voice to his ear as well as dampens the conversation
behind him that was competing with the wanted voice. So, signal to
noise ratio is a concern.
I'm tired. To bed.
;-)
Phil Bader